WuBlockchain Weekly：Aptos TVL hits all-time high、UAE highlights crypto-friendly policy、Bybit launches UTA and Top10 News
1. Aptos’ weekly summary
a. APT rose to $15.81, a record high, an increase of 22% in 24h link
As of Jan. 25, 20:35, APT rose to $15.81, a record high, an increase of 22% in 24h and 340% in the past 30d. According to Coinglass, the annualized funding rate of APT U-based contracts has reached a relatively high negative rate: Binance -215% Bybit -250% OKX -106%.
b. Aptos TVL exceeded US$58 million, a new high link
As of Jan. 26, 10:31, Aptos TVL exceeded US$58 million, a new high, and PancakeSwap accounted for 58%. The two major staking agreements, Tortuga and Ditto, have seen TVL growth of more than 35% in the past 1 day, and both provide APT staking income of about 7% APY.
2. UAE’s weekly summary
a. Thani Al-Zeyoudi: Crypto will play a major role for UAE trade going forward link
Thani Al-Zeyoudi, the UAE’s minister of state for foreign trade, told Bloomberg that Crypto will play a major role for UAE trade going forward and build together the right governance and legal system. Dubai is currently one of the headquarters of Binance.
b. Deribit to relocate to Dubai as soon as the third quarter link
Deribit, the world’s biggest crypto options exchange, is making plans to relocate to Dubai as soon as the third quarter. Dubai has emerged as a hub for cryptocurrency exchanges as Singapore and the Bahamas tighten policies.
3. Bybit announced the launch of its new unified trading account (UTA) link
Bybit announced the launch of its new unified trading account (UTA), allowing investors to trade across multiple markets from one account. The shared margin allows traders to offset losses with gains without closing trades. It supports spot trading, margin trading, USDT perpetual, USDC perpetual and USDC options with more to come.
4. Crypto exchange Gemini lays off 10% of staff link
Gemini has previously laid off 100 and 68 employees in June and July 2022. Gemini Earn takes user funds and lends to Genesis, resulting in becoming its largest creditor.
5. BlockFi to sell ~$160M of loans backed by ~68,000 Bitcoin mining machines link
Bankrupt crypto lender BlockFi Inc. plans to sell about $160 million of loans backed by around 68,000 Bitcoin mining machines. Some of the loans have already defaulted and appear to be undercollateralized given the current prices of rigs.
6. Genesis subsidiary seeks no less than $20.9M from Roger Ver for unsettled cryptocurrency options transactions link
A unit of Genesis claims Roger Ver failed to settle cryptocurrency options trades, “money damages for defendant’s failure to settle cryptocurrency options transactions that expired on Dec. 30, 2022, in an amount to be determined at trial but no less than $20.9 million.” Previously, Roger Ver caused a loss of about US$120 million due to arrears of CoinFLEX’s margin.
7. Coinbase CPO to earn up to $105 million from stock sales link
When Surojit Chatterjee logs out as CPO at Coinbase on February 3, he will have made a whopping $105 million from stock sales. He also took $102.5 million in cash gains in 2021. The high pay of Coinbase executives has been attracting attention.
8. SBF’s weekly summary
a. Prosecutors seized just under $50M from SBF’s bank account link
Prosecutors have seized just under $50m from SBF’s Farmington State Bank account. Alameda bought this bank’s shares at $11.5m last year. The bank’s parent company Deltec International Group has received a $ 50 million loan from FTX.
b. Modulo Capital co-founder was romantically involved with SBF and had a $400 million investment from him link
SBF invested $400 million in Modulo Capital in the third and fourth quarters of 2022. Co-founder Xiaoyun Lily Zhang had a relationship with SBF and worked together at Jane Street Capital.
9. Tesla did not trade bitcoin in Q4 link
Tesla released its Q4 2022 financial report. It did not conduct any bitcoin transactions on Q4, and the impairment was about $34 million. Tesla currently holds about 9,720 bitcoins, and the average purchase cost per bitcoin is about 32,099 US dollars.
10. DNB imposed an administrative fine of €3,325,000 on Coinbase Europe link
De Nederlandsche Bank (DNB) imposed an administrative fine of €3,325,000 on Coinbase Europe Limited, because Coinbase provided crypto services in the Netherlands in the past without registration with DNB, which is in non-compliance with the law.
- Private sharding startup Calimero Network has raised $8.5 million in a seed round co-led by Khosla Ventures, Lyrik Ventures and Near foundation link
- Web3 social wallet Tribes has raised $3.3 million in seed round co-led by Kindred Ventures, South Park Commons and Script Capital link
- Blockchain development platform QuickNode announced the completion of a US$60 million Series B round of financing, led by 10T link
- Crypto infrastructure firm Blockstream has raised 125 million in convertible notes and secured loan financing link
- Spatial Labs has raised $10 million in seed funding, led by Blockchain Capital link
- Collaborative storytelling platform StoryCo raised a $6 million in a seed round co-led by Collab+Currency and Patron link
- Gemba, a software developer providing virtual reality training to corporates, raised $18 million in a Series A round led by Parkway Venture Capital link
Learn more, check out crypto-fundraising.info.