WuBlockchain Weekly：CPI 9.1%、The Merge、Zhu Su and Top10 News
1、CPI hit 9.1%, 100 bps rate hike probability up link
U.S. June unadjusted CPI annual rate of 9.1%, expected 8.80%, the previous value of 8.60%, the largest increase since November 1981. Expectations for a 100 bps rate hike at the next FOMC meeting have also been gradually revised upwards.
2、Ethereum The Merge: Expected on September 19
Tim Beiko said the expected implementation date of the merge is September 19, and the community has no objection to his proposed timeline. Developer superphiz.eth said this is not the final result, but a tentative date, which ultimately depends on the results of the August 11 merger of the test network Goerli.
3、Gloria Zhao Becomes Sixth Developer to Have Bitcoin Core Trusted Key
After Pieter Wuille’s exit, Gloria Zhao becomes the sixth developer to have Bitcoin Core trusted-key and the first female developer to do so. gloria Zhao was born in California, USA and graduated from UC Berkeley in 2020 with a degree in computer science. She is a researcher for the British NGO Brink. achow101 says she is a good fit because of her expertise in memory pools and strategies. The group with trusted-key has direct access to Bitcoin Core’s code to merge new code changes.
4、Zhu Su speaks out after 27 days: questions liquidators & Family threatened link
5、Celsius Network Initiates Financial Restructuring to Stabilize Business and Maximize Value for All Stakeholders link
Celsius announced that it and its subsidiaries have filed a voluntary petition for reorganization under Chapter 11 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York. Celsius currently has $167 million in cash on hand, which will provide liquidity to certain operations in the reorganization process. In addition, Celsius continues to operate as normal for a smooth transition to Chapter 11.
6、Vauld issues letter to its creditors, disclosing $70 million shortfall link
7、Hong Kong to strengthen regulatory regime against money laundering and terrorist fund raising
The Anti-Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing (Amendment) Bill 2022 in Hong Kong is being amended and approved to strengthen the regulatory regime for combating money laundering and terrorist financing in Hong Kong. Persons operating virtual asset exchanges will be required to apply for a license from the Securities and Futures Commission and will be required to meet fit and proper criteria and comply with anti-money laundering and terrorist financing requirements and other regulatory requirements.
8. Kazakhstan to impose higher tax rates on crypto miners
Kazakhstan’s President Kassym-Jomart Tokayev has signed a bill to impose a higher tax rate on crypto miners. The amount of the tax will depend on the amount of electricity used to conduct mining of cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and the average price of electricity. Kazakhstan introduced a digital mining fee on January 1, 2022 and received $1.5 million in the first quarter of 2022.
9、Shanghai supports leading enterprises to explore the construction of NFT trading platform link
The General Office of Shanghai Municipal People’s Government of China issued the “Shanghai Digital Economy Development “14th Five-Year Plan”, the document proposed to “support leading enterprises to explore the construction of NFT (non-homogeneous token) trading platform, research to promote the digitization of NFT and other assets, digital IP globalization circulation, digital rights confirmation Protection and other related industries in Shanghai on an early and pilot basis.”
10、AEX & Hoo Crisis
AEX Exchange said in the community that it is unable to pay everyone’s coin withdrawal needs in the short term, so the platform has closed the coin withdrawal function and is expected to open again after it has sufficient short-term cashing capacity, but will not run away. The founder, Huang Tianwei, needs to recuperate due to overexertion. hoo exchange also seems to be out of the woods yet, still unable to withdraw, and there are many scandals.
- Generalist Capital have raised a $12.25 million fund designed to help a small number of founders maximize the power of narrative link
- Animoca Brands raises $75 million at pre-money valuation of $5.9 billion link
- Multicoin Capital Announces New $430M Venture Fund link
- Web3 Startup Mysten Labs Aiming for $2B Valuation in Latest Funding link
- Gnosis Rebrands as Safe, Raises $100M To Build Multi-Wallet Ecosystem link
- Peter Thiel-backed Valar Ventures raises $665m for latest VC fund link
- Lightspeed raises $7.1B across four funds and forms new crypto fund with Blockchain Ventures vet link
- Ex-Coinbase exec raises $30 million led by a16z for decentralized social network protocol link
Learn more, check out DoveMetrics.
- Taibbi: The Financial Bubble Era Comes Full Circle link
- 100 questions you should ask yourself when analyzing tokenomics link
- Bitcoin mining: investment cycles link
- Introducing Metaversus link
- Multicoin Capital：Announcing Venture Fund III link
- Vitalik: What do I think about network states? link
- Quantitative Crypto Insight: A systematic crypto trading strategy using perpetual futures link